The Phoenix (“The Phoenix“) operates thephoenixsunbury.uk and may operate other websites. It is Phoenix‘s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information which we collect about you that can be used to identify you and is stored either electronically or in a usable filing system. Personal information will include any information such as your name, address, ip address, that is collected about you by us for any reason, whether it be by visiting our website or by contacting us. It also includes any personal information that we may collect about you that is in the public domain, such as information made public on social media that is available to us when you connect with us on social media. It is our intention to provide you with as much information as possible about what we do with that personal information so that when you provide the personal information to us, you do so with an awareness of how it will be used.
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- From you when you enquire a service or product from us. We will collect your full name, email address, company name (if applicable), billing and delivery details.
- From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
- From you when you leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical device information, including the device, used to access our site (i.e. desktop, mobile or tablet);
- Information about your visit, including products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Using your personal information
The Personal Data of our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To allow us to contact you (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us that are similar to those that we have already provided to you or that we have a legitimate interest to contact you about, unless you have asked us not to do so. You can manage your preferences at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
- Contracted courier and delivery companies,
- Secure Online payment platforms.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we do however transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or your organization’s information, then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
The Internet and Cookies
Our website is managed by SpiralNet Design. As part of the service provided by SpiralNet Design, they will help to maintain the security and the performance of our website by (i) encrypting data in transit and protecting user connections using third-party scanning services to scan against known web attacks, investigating site errors and providing secure hosting services through EUKHost.
Authorised third parties
Google Business & Maps
Any information you provide to us via social media (including messaging, “liking”, “following” and other communications) is controlled by the social media network. Our website contains links to our social media pages. We currently use:
Facebook which has its own privacy notice that can be located at https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
We recommend that you read their privacy notices and contact them directly if you have any concerns regarding their use of your personal information.
Contact us & further information
Last updated: 24th May 2018